sigh as punishment

dear diary,

i can't tell you how many times my tanguera friends tell me about being punished for their "mistakes." every time, i am incredulous. of course, they are tactful, and don't identify these wonderfully considerate assholes. finally, i ask, "but i can't see the punishment from the outside. so it must be subtle right?"

and then i remember that many tell me of the SIGH. the asshole (woops did i write that out loud again?) sighs when his partner "makes a mistake."

WTF!

-

i wonder... what does a woman say/do, to punish back? ok ok ok that's not helpful. but, seriously, how to convert the asshole into a gentle and kind soul? it's possible, right? right? right?

8 comments:

NYC Tango Pilgrim said...

"seriously, how to convert the asshole into a gentle and kind soul?"

STOP DANCING WITH THEM. :-)

Unknown said...

I won't dance with them. I also tell all of my fellow tangueras. We DO compare notes, you know.

me said...

@NYCTP, but they seem to have an unending supply to prey

@Crazy, indeed! ;-)

Unknown said...

Yessir. We even have code names. To illustrate:

"Torpedo" - lead who dances nuevo with his eyes closed.

"Squeeze Toy" - treats all his partners like, well...

"Yellow Spandex" - dancing w/a lead in tight bright yellow bike shorts is just...icky

"The Licker" - 'nuff said

Frances R said...

I shall say, I do not usually take sighs on my account. In my experience, leaders more often get saddened about their own "mistakes", bad floorcraft, the music, the weather, the food they ate for dinner beforehand...

In any case, if a leader regularly displays signs of unhappiness while dancing with me, I stop accepting his invites.

I like to be with people who enjoy themselves, who can take whatever comes their way with a sense of humor, not those who always seem to find a reason to be displeased.

me said...

@Crazy, "The licker?????" What??? OMG! NO WAY!

@FrancesR, yes.

Elizabeth Brinton said...

Assholes just get more assholey as time goes by. I agree with Francis, and I don't care if he is God's Gift To Tango...if he makes me feel bad, he is off the dance card.
Isn't is the so-called milongueros goal to make women feel good? What's with all the jerks?
E

Bella Durmiente said...

Sometimes the sigh is a snort. Or a grunt.