blech

dear diary,

my knee continues to hurt. i keep dancing, because i am restless if i don't.

i have so many bad thoughts about the tango right now, about some kinds of people and their behaviors, about my physical pain, about uncomfortable social situations... ugh.

... story of a friend, who had never, until now, experienced the horror of sitting through an entire night without dance, reminds me of the dark side.


... so many dark feelings, none that i can share, but i suspect you already know what i cannot say, or worse, await your discovery.

1 comment:

Mari said...

so many people (myself included) in the same space right now. I have sat through a milonga without a single dance. I have also been the very worst dancer at a milonga. I kept going to milongas, but I've yet to test my mettle at that venue again. My life is overcrowded by my to-do lists and other obligations, aches and pains, such that it'll be two weeks with no dancing. Part of me is restless, anxious, ready to get back into my shoes. But part of me finds it easier every day to stay away. The music, on the other hand, is a constant source of comfort. And it's the music that will always get me back to the milonga.

I hope you always find your way back - and that your good tandas always outnumber your not-so-good ones.

Abrazos.