she: "if the next set is a milonga, would you like to dance with me?"
me: "of course!"
she: "i will say no to everybody else."
me: "you looked like you were suffering."
she (sighing): "i just want to dance, for a while."
- - -
in close embrace, the leader cannot see the facial expressions of his partner. often, i see a woman accept a dance, only to wear miserable miserable expressions on her face. sometimes, her face is frozen in a non-committed flatness, i suppose, to suppress her real feelings.
sometimes, when our cheeks touch, i can feel the moment a smile forms on her face. this is perhaps one of the most delicious moments, to not see, but feel a smile. sometimes, i smile, she feels it, and smiles back.
3 comments:
I have those moments, where I realize that my facial expressions is giving me away, and I try hard to adapt it. But it's hard to lie when dancing.
It often happens when I surrender and close my eyes, and we have a misstep and my eyelids fly open from surprise and perhaps fear, and I know my facial expression must mirror then sense of abruptness I've been pulled with.
And sometimes, just like she did, I find that leader that is like home. Just to wash away the previous tanda. Because he makes me feel heard and cherished.
Oh, I hope I don't make that horrible face. I hope I'm smiling...oh.
mtnhighmama,
i don't think it is possible to lie in tango. the leader may not be aware of the follower's feelings, but an observer can see it easily.
tangobaby,
i hope you do make that horrible face when you feel horrible. don't you think?
Post a Comment